Many of us are blessed with musical talents. We just need to encourage ourselves and joyfully respond to the blessing by fostering our gifts, offering the fruits to our God, and serving His people.
Our parish has been utilizing a broad range of music, from the Gregorian chant to recently-composed contemporary music. We may use different musical instruments at a certain Mass but try to use common repertoire at all Masses as one parish.
If you have musical interest, talent, and/or charism, please contact Dr. Simon Lee at email@example.com or (810) 694-4891 ext. 205.
Music Ministry at Holy Family (as of July 11, 2018)
Parish Adult Choir (high school and up)
1. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. in the church (or Dr. Lee’s Office when church is unavailable)
2. Sunday 9:25 a.m. in the church for 10 a.m. Mass
3. No rehearsal during summer
Sunday 10:00 a.m. Mass, Christmas Midnight Mass, and All Triduum liturgies
Parish Adult Cantors (high school and up)
1. Wednesday, 7:00-7:30 p.m. in the church (or Dr. Lee’s Office when church is unavailable)
2. Individual lessons may be scheduled with Dr. Lee.
Parish Children's Choir (3rd through 8th)
1. Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m. until 6:45 p.m. in Dr. Lee’s Office (Liturgy & Music Office)
2. 20 minutes before noon Mass in the church
Saturday 5 p.m. Mass and/or Sunday 12 noon Mass when scheduled
Parish Bell Choir (middle school and up)
1. Monday 6:30-8:00 p.m. in Dr. Lee’s Office (Liturgy & Music Office)
2. One hour before scheduled Mass in the church
Usually Saturday 5 p.m. Mass once a month, Christmas Midnight Mass, and more
Holy Family School Choir/Cantors (3rd through 8th)
1. Monday 3:00 p.m., or right after school on half days or early dismissal, for an hour in Dr. Lee’s Office
2. When necessary, 20 minutes of cantor rehearsal during recess time in Dr. Lee’s Office
3. 7:50 a.m. in the church when 8:15 a.m. Mass is scheduled
8:15 a.m. Mass on Tuesdays and Thursdays when scheduled